Search several Maryland library catalogs for materials not available locally and and request items for interlibrary loan.
If we don't have the items you're looking for, ask library staff for assistance in your search or access the statewide Marina system.
To Place a Request:
- Select above button to access Marina or enter the online catalog from any library computer, select Interlibrary Loan (Marina) on the top navigation.
- Enter your library card number (without spaces) at the patron ID prompt. Select the Login button.
- Enter search term by author, title, or subject. Select the Search button.
- At the Results Screen, select the title link to get more information.
- If results are found:
- If your request is found and is currently available in our catalog, you will be provided with a "Transfer" link to request a regular Hold from our catalog.
- If your request is found and is "Requestable" and not in our catalog, select the branch where you would like to pick up your materials. Then, select "Request" to request your material.
- If your request is found but is "Not Requestable," select the provided "Request" link to place an ILL (Inter-library Loan) request through the Washington County Free Library.
- Once you select "Request", the ILL form will populate with the title that you searched for.
- If the form isn't automatically populated, you must fill out the "Author" name, "Title", and "Pick Up Location" for the resource. These are required fields.
- You must also check the acknowledgement box at the end of the form to accept WCFL's condition for placing ILL requests.
- Once the required fields on the form are complete, the "Submit" button will be available to submit your request.
- If an email is listed on your library account, a copy of the request will be sent to your inbox. Otherwise, we suggest saving or printing a copy of the request for your records.
- If no results are found in the statewide Marina system, you can complete an ILL Request Form for an OCLC (Online Computer Library Center) request so we can search for materials from libraries across the United States.
- ILL Loan Request - A Loan Request is for regular materials (Books, DVDs, Audiobooks). See Item 3 above to complete request.
- ILL Copy Request - A Copy Request is for a photocopy of the resource article from a Journal. To request a copy, you must have the Journal Title. Please provide as much information that you can so that we can find the resource you need. A Copy Request does not need to be returned.
- OCLC requests can only be done on materials that are at least six months old. We can requests items that are older than six months, but the cost to borrow the resource will be charged to the Patron. Most materials we receive through OCLC are free.
If the item you wish to request is not in Marina, or the request is denied, please ask information staff to request it for you through other Interlibrary Loan sources. If you have any questions, please ask library staff.