The Hagerstown, Boonsboro, Clear Spring, Smithsburg & Williamsport branches of the Washington County Free Library have rooms available for group use by both profit and nonprofit organizations.
* * How to Guide for Room Reservations * *
Unless reserved for a scheduled activity, Meeting Rooms are open and available for use on a "first-come-first served" basis during normal operating hours.
For more details, see our Meeting and Study Room Guidelines:
- Hagerstown Meeting Room Guidelines.
- Boonsboro, Smithsburg, Clear Spring, and Williamsport Meeting Rooms
- Hagerstown small group study rooms (There are NO FEES for Quiet/Study Rooms)
Locations with Rooms (Capacity)
- Hagerstown (Please review parking at Hagerstown)
- Community Room 308 (98)
- Community Room 309 (98)
- Combined Community Room 308 & 309 (196)
- Conference Room 334 (60)
- Study Room 331 (5)
- Study Room 332 (5)
- Study Room 333 (8)
- Boonsboro - Community Room (70), Quiet Room (8)
- Clear Spring - Community Room (60)
- Smithsburg - Community Room (50), Quiet Room (6)
- Williamsport - Community Room (60), Small Conference Room (10)
Priority for the use of the rooms will be given in the following order:
- Washington County Free Library
- Friends of the Washington County Free Library
- Government Departments and officials (local, state, federal)
- Non-proft and community interest
- For-profit businesses and organizations
Effective November 1, 2013 certain library meeting rooms will be available to groups for a fee. The library reserves the right to make fee determinations. No meeting room fee will be charged for the use of the meeting rooms by the following groups: 1) library sponsored programs and meeting held by library-related organizations; 2) official meetings of departments of Washington County, Washington County municipalities, the State of Maryland and the U.S. Government and elected officials in any of these levels of government; 3) tutors offering free one-on-one or family sessions; 4) programs co-sponsored with education and community groups. Fees will be charged according to the table below for the meeting rooms in the Alice Virginia and David W. Fletcher Library:
- Up to 4 hours - $20 (Non-Profit Groups);$100 (For Profit Groups)
- 4 to 8 hours - $30 (Non-Profit Groups); $200 (For Profit Groups
Branch libraries (Boonsboro, Clear Spring, Smithsburg, Williamsport) who have meeting rooms will continue to allow non-profit groups use of their rooms free of charge. Effective November 1, 2013 for profit groups will be allowed use of the branch meeting rooms for a fee of $50 for each block of time up to 4 hours.
Checks should be made to Washington County Free Library. Mail payment to:
- Washington County Free Library
100 South Potomac Street
Hagerstown, MD 21740
(Please reference meeting date, room location and time in payment memo)
You can also pay using PayPal. Please review the instructions below to make sure your payment is credited to your reservation.
The use of a meeting room by community groups or organizations is subject to the approval of the Board of Trustees or the Library Director.
The Board of Trustees and the Library Director designates staff to maintain the schedule for the meeting rooms. Library programs are always given first priority.
Meeting Room Payments
SAMPLE OF ELECTRONIC PAYMENT
Once you select the "Buy Now" button, complete the PayPal information similar to this: